Yes naming is important. See one of Craig's old posts

<
http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg02933.html

with which I totally agree.

In the heat of development, less than optimum names are sometimes
chosen. With open development, the next day, the nightly release lets
the genie out of the bottle, and changing the names becomes a Big Deal.

Personally, I would be open to a coherent discussion of a new attribute
naming scheme that ran up and down the framework. But someone would have
to take the lead on this, and put together a key of all the Struts
attributes, and suggestions for alternatives.

Before long, we will be making some other drastic changes to accomodate
the standard tablibs. So we might start thinking in terms of a Struts 2
that would support those, and refactor other underpinnings.

-Ted.