"Craig R. McClanahan" wrote:
> I'd rather see us check in only the XML source files, and run the
> generator on daedalus directly to create the HTML pages.

This is totally off-topic, but should it be feasible to generate
(uncompiled) JSP pages from XML source files, as we do to get our HTML
pages?

Gave it a quick try one day, and it didn't seem to work the first time
(: but nothing ever does for me :), and haven't gotten back to it.

Seems like this would be a good compromise for people want to XML
stylesheets for formatting the HTML template data, but also want the
performance of compiled JSPs. (Of course, the JSPs would need to be
recompiled after being regenerated from the XML.)