Hello,

  [PREFACE]

  Now I try to integrate commons-services and struts. New version of
  the ActionServlet - ActionServicesServlet - uses additional elements
  in struts-config file to configure ServiceManager. To solve problem
  with *.dtd file I write my version of struts-config_1_1.dtd file -
  struts-config_1_1_services.dtd, which contains all elements needed
  to process ServiceManager config tags and add description for this
  resource to the registrations array in my version of ActionServlet -

    protected String registrations[] = {
        "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Struts Configuration 1.0//EN",
        "/org/apache/struts/resources/struts-config_1_0.dtd",
        "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Struts Configuration 1.1//EN",
        "/org/apache/struts/resources/struts-config_1_1.dtd",
->      "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Struts Configuration 1.1 with Services
1.0//EN",
->      "/org/apache/struts/resources/struts-config_1_1_services.dtd",
        "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.2//EN",
        "/org/apache/struts/resources/web-app_2_2.dtd",
        "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.3//EN",
        "/org/apache/struts/resources/web-app_2_3.dtd"
    };

  I try to start application, drived by ActionServicesServlet - all
  new config tags are ignored and Catalina console is full of
  exceptions from SAX.

  [PROPOSAL]

  Can we refactor ActionServlet to support extensible model for
  registrations? For example - add method, which returns Vector,
  array or Map of registrations. So every class, extended from
  ActionServlet can add its own *.dtd files and work with extended
  version of the config file.

--
Best regards,
 Oleg                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]