I'm using Castor.. which is cool since you can also just write a XML Schema and
have the
thing build your classes..  It's quicker to write a schema or even use a
standard schema from
places like RosettaNet.  ..alas there are a few snags which I haven't sorted
yet.. For example,
I haven't been able to get the codegen to create appropriate clone() methods
etc.

Haven't tried JDKs new serialization... can you specify schemas?..

BTW... why Dom?  When you get XML-binding for free I find using your own object
easier.

BTW... Castor has the added bonus of enabling Relational mapping.. so you can
create a JDO solution more easily.

Jon