"Craig R. McClanahan" wrote:
> No ... and (this time at least) not because of lack of time.  It is not at
> all obvious how to rig path mapping to the controller to work together
> with the basic assumption of sub-applications that there is a prefix for
> that subapp.  All I can think of is requiring you to map the controller
> once per subapp, which is both ugly and will require a bunch of changes to
> the existing code that assumes there is only one mapping to the controller
> servlet.
>
> Ideas, anyone?

Underlying problem with modules and prefix mapping:

Controller is inserting module name before "module-relative" path. This
happens for all URIs, not just actions. So with prefix-mapping, we'd not
only have /do/module1/action but /do/module/page.jsp.

Killer kludge of the week:

Use unknown action feature to trim servlet prefix from page requests.
When controller can't find the "page.jsp" action, it forward to a
standard unknown action that removes the servlet-mapping prefix ("/do"),
and forwards again, this time to /module/page.jsp.

=:0) Just kidding =:0)

-- Ted Husted, Husted dot Com, Fairport NY US
-- Java Web Development with Struts
-- Tel: +1 585 737-3463
-- Web: http://husted.com/about/services