In mapping Struts tags to Struts-EL, I'm wondering about the "name" attribute
of the generated HTML for these tags, along with the "property" attribute of
the custom tag, and "indexed" tags.

In the current Struts library, in the "checkbox" tag, for instance, the
strategy of setting the "name" and "property" attributes nicely flows the
specified field values back into the specified actionform and property on the
return trip.  If the "indexed" attribute is set, it nicely builds an index
reference, which will eventually cause the correct array/collection entry to be
set.

I'm thinking and thinking about how I can possibly map something like this to
JSTL functionality, and I just don't see it.  I was assuming that the
"name/property" functionality would be mutually exclusive with the JSTL
functionality, but in at least the HTML tags, where the "name/property" pair is
used to build the HTML "name" attribute, I don't see how I can replace that.

In the case of "checkbox", the "value" attribute and others could still use the
EL engine, just not the "name/property" functionality.

Does anyone have any ideas about this?