In this case you would need to subclass of ActionMapping, and specify
'type' in <action-mapping> or 'className' in every Action.

Then you would need to subclass RequestProcessor to provide the required
headers.

I could be done by subclassing ActionForward too :

<forward name="something" path="/some/path"  className="CachingActionForward">
        <set property ..../>
</forward>

PD: I looks like that in Struts 1.1 ForwardConfig is used instead of
ActionForward to configure a forward.

Should className in <forward /> be a subclass of ForwardConfig?