From browsing the archives and looking at source code I'm still a bit
confused about AppException. It seems like the only benefit it provides is to let you specify a message key and replacement values for the error message. Is that right?

I'm concerned about application exceptions extending a struts class to get this feature. Shouldn't the model and business layer never know about Struts?

Instead of making AppException a class I think it should be an interface, maybe rename it to StrutsException because an app. could already have an AppException.

Thoughts?

David