Hi all--

There have been two bugs (#12600, #13871) logged against the form tag for
the behavior of its getActionMappingUrl method, which always prepends the
context path.

Other html tags that produce a URL that is sent to the browser such as
LinkTag and ImgTag give the user at least the option of specifying precisely
the URL sent, but FormTag does not.  See bug #12600 for an example of an
architecture where this could be a problem, or consider the case of someone
building a Struts application that submits a form to a third party for
processing, which just occurred to me as another test case.

Does anyone oppose the idea of adding an 'href' attribute to FormTag, along
the lines of the 'href' attribute possessed by the LinkTag, that can be used
instead of the 'action' to determine where the form is submitted?  If so, do
you have an alternative that allows me to prevent the context path from
being prepended?  If not, I'd be happy to submit a patch.

-JT