If you wrote a patch and it worked, there'd be no technical reason to veto it. But since it is a straight-line convenience enhancement, it would have to wait for Struts 1.2.x.

The general feeling has been, as others have expressed, that it would be better to put development effort into libraries like Struts-el or (the upcoming) Struts-jsf, rather than then venerable logic tags.

But, as a Committer, you can choose your own priorities =:0), and, as mentioned, it would be hard to find a technical reason to block such a patch.

I don't know what IDE you are using, but another way to go would be to define a macro or template that filled out the equal/notEqual stuff for you.

-Ted.

James Turner wrote:
I find in my code, I do the following a lot:

<logic:equal name="foo" property="bar" value"baz">
.
.
.
</logic:equal>
<logic:notEqual name="foo" property="bar" value"baz">
.
.
.
</logic:notEqual>

I'd like to propose (and would be willing to code) the following:
<logic:equal name="foo" property="bar" value"baz">
.
.
.
<logic:else>