The "project" is technically Jakarta, and it is explicitly stated:

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/source.html

Though, I suppose we could link to that from the roadmap.

We do have to forbid tab characters since it screws up the CVS emailings otherwise.

Personally, I like the Elements of Java Style since it is more comprehensive. It also works like a superset of Sun, so there is no conflict there.

-Ted.

David Graham wrote:
There's been some talk of formalizing the coding standard we follow so here's a starting point for discussions.

1. Follow the Java standard coding practices. This includes putting opening braces on the same line like if (true) {.
All IDEs support formatting code to this standard and all Java coders already know it.

2. Enclose all blocks in braces, even one liners. This makes the code easier to follow and decreases bugs.

Currently we should be following the Java standard but we should explicitly state this for the project.

Thoughts?

Dave

Ted Husted,