Someone care to help me out on OT reflection?

Here is the situation:
My base class has a reflection (in execute) that does this :

Method eventMethod = this.getClass().getMethod(methodName, args);

and same class has
onDefaultExec() {}
(or full code here:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/basicportal/ROOT/src/basicWebLib/org/apache/basicWebLib/dispatch/BaseTilesActionHandler.java )

The concrete (derived) class works great with reflection, it calls the method in that class.

However, the problem is that if the concrete class does not have a reflected method, it won't go look back in the base class for the method name. In my case onDefaultExec and others are in base, not the instance class.

To restate, if I reflect for a method that is concrete class, great, but when I reflect for a method for a base class I get
reflect.InvocationTargetException
It's not looking back.

?

tia,