"James Mitchell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> We allow titleKey for the html:frame, altKey and titleKey for
> html:button, and a few others, but do not allow a way to specify the
> bundle or args.
>
> Besides the obvious...
>
>  <bean:define id="myMessage">
> <bean:message key="my.title"/>
>  <bean:define>

> ...work-around, I'm wondering if we should add this.
>

> I think we shouldn't.  I think the work-around is a much more flexible
> and generally better solution given the options available with
> bean:message.
>
> Your thoughts?

I believe we should add support for specifying a bundle, but I don't think
support for arguments is necessary, given the nature of these attributes. I
agree with David K that the alternatives, such as the one you presented
above, reduce the maintainability of the JSP pages.

--
Martin Cooper