I have used Eclipse a couple of times, just to see how it worked.  For me, I
just didn't "get it".  I couldn't understand how I was supposed to set up a
project.  Then, I couldn't edit jsp's or xml in it.  Now there are plugins,
but I don't know how good they are.  I do know, they don't stand a chance
against IDEA.

I am another person that spent his own money on IDEA.  Setting up a project
was a breeze.  JSP's have auto complete and syntax highlighting.  Same goes
for XML.  Even without a DTD, IDEA offers you choices of the tags you have
previously used.  As others have mentioned, you don't have to take your hand
off the keyboard to do anything.  Everything has a key mapped to it to make
life easy.

Speaking of making life easy...  If you type SomeClass sc = new SomeClass();
if you haven't imported SomeClass yet, IDEA offers to add the import for
you.  To say yes, just hit ALT+ENTER.  As a matter of fact, you will learn
to hit ALT+ENTER and CTRL+SPACE often.  They are your friend.  Getters and
Setters?  They are an ALT+INSERT, UPKEY, UPKEY, ENTER away.  Oh, and when it
adds code for you, it follows the code format that you have set, so you
don't have to go back and put your { in the right place.  Oh yeah, and most
of these capabilities are in Eclipse, or Jbuilder... But they require you to
use your mouse, or they "Just don't get it right."

I am starting to sound like an infomercial...  But IDEA is the greatest tool
ever.

Carl