From: Edgar Dollin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, August 18, 2003 9:30 PM
To: 'Struts Developers List'; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Tags more extensible (was: Suggestions for Calendar Popup
tag lib?)

If empty entry point methods were added to all the tags so that you could
extend the tag and write code in the entry point.  For each attribute of the
tag have a 'void pre[Attribute]()', 'void post[Attribute]'() and a 'String
process[Attribute](String attributeValue)' method, whose purpose would be
for extending the tag.  There would be a little processing overhead in
running the standard tags through the empty routines, but those of us who
would rather write tags than either scriptlets, velocity or JSTL could do so
with some flexibility.

Thanks

Edgar