Craig R. McClanahan wrote:

The current plan of record has been that Struts 1.2.x would stay dependent
on Servlet 2.2 / JSP 1.1, and that Struts 2.x would be dependent on
Servlet 2.4 / JSP 2.0.

It's certainly fair to lobby for changes in this plan, and/or to look for
ways to implement something like this in an optionally different way on a
Servlet 2.3 platform that has wrappers and filters available.  The people
you'd have to convince (the committers) are all on the developer list, but
most of us also monitor user list discussions.

Thanks, Craig. This is definitely illuminating.

I assume from this response that the issue _will_ be resolved once this move takes place. Do you have any idea how we might begin to implement a workaround for Struts 1.2.x? Does this seem as though it will require disproportionate work and/or modifications to other portions of the codebase?

Ben && Tim