--- stu robertson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> First, thanks for the quick followup last week on the
> readyness of builds including ValidWhen.  I started
> testing our application against this build this
> morning.
>
> The one would-be showstopper for us (although we work
> around it) is that the current snapshot of
> commons-collections has a number of serialization
> bugs.  We're using decorators fairly extensively for
> type-safety.  Since they're not serializable, they
> cause NotSerializableException when returned from
> stateless session EJBs.  We're currently using a
> collections 3.0 build that we've modified to make
> these serializable.  But the Struts 1.2 nightly comes
> with the broken version.

Why are we distributing nightly builds of commons components that we rely
on?  IMO, unless we need the very latest features of commons package X we
should ship nightly Struts builds with the last released version of X.

David

http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&email1=&emailtype1=substring&emailassigned_to1=1&email2=&emailtype2=substring&emailreporter2=1&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&changedin=&votes=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&product=Commons&component=Collections&short_desc=serializable&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&long_desc=&long_desc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&keywords=&keywords_type=anywords&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=&cmdtype=doit&order=%27Importance%27