Hmmm...that's a good question.  I think there are pieces of stxx it would
be good to provide with Struts for the casual user who wants to take an
existing Struts action, and render content via XSLT/XSL-FO with little
effort.  To truely do XML processing right, however, I think a stronger
solution of Struts and Cocoon integregated together is the answer.  This,
of course, would fall outside the scope of Struts core.

Could stxx's XML processing features be put into Struts 1.x?  Yes, but
before that happens, I think some sort of url feature for forwarded paths
should be put in first.  This would allow a request to easily be forwarded
to a different presentation system without modifying or overriding the
request processor.  For example, a forward to a jsp page could look like:
"jsp://Foo.jsp", for tiles: "tiles://Foo.jsp", and for stxx:
"stxx://Foo.xsl".  This feature would make it easy to have multiple
presentation engines, a feature we say Struts supports, but it doesn't
really.

Don