On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 21:55:19 -0600, Joe Germuska wrote:
>> A JSP author should be able to define one without any problem.
>> And the one suggested here, could be a standard part of your
>> team's starter Struts config.
>>

> Well, I just want it all NOW and we're already piling a lot onto
> the people who are making JSPs (who, by the way, don't quite fit
> the profile of "JSP author" as in the way that Sun and others split
> it up -- these folks don't write their own JavaScript either --
> yet.)
>
> Actually, my guinea pig... er, first "student" has managed to do a
> few pretty decent configuration tasks on her own already.

If they are writing Struts JSPs, then you must be handling them some type of default
web application that imports the tags. It can just as easily include the default,
blank DynaBean they can use with whatever forms they happen to be writing. Remember,
the one form-bean can be used with any number of forms. This doesn't create any
additional work for the JSP author.

Learning JSP authors DynaBeans can actually *save* JSP authors a lot of work. I often
do full storyboards that gather and validate input from forms before writing any
Action classes at all. Just straight Struts JSPs. This lets you demonstrate a huge
hunk of the screen requirements up front, in live code that can rollover into the
working application.

>> Heck, if you throw the JSF extension into the mix, I wager you
>> could write significant Struts applications now without writing
>> any Java code at all. :)
>>
>> http://struts.sourceforge.net/struts-bsf/index.html
>>

> I have in fact thrown the BSF extension into the mix, and I'm
> pretty excited about it!

Yep. Lost track of who I was chatting with :)