If there aren't any strong objections, then, I'd like to remove them and make a clean
break with the things we did for the sake of the 1.1 march. I believe that one of the
next steps for 1.2.x will be to complete the migration to Maven. Getting anomalies
like obsolete Javadocs out of the way will be a simplification in that regard. This
material has not been accessible from the website for some time now. And of course,
this is all material that was included in the relevant distributions at the time.

-Ted.