The intention is that anyone will be able to submit a logo.

But first, the committers will have to decide whether they want a new
logo. ** There is no competition yet! **

Regarding your upload, the entries would be have to be checked and
approved before being displayed on the site. Otherwise people would be
posting all kinds of strange pictures 8-) Your submission is waiting in
the queue.

Please monitor this list to see if we actually decide to hold a
competition, at which time the details would be announced. You would
need to re-submit your entry at that time.

Thanks for your enthusiastic interest though!

Steve