On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 15:07:18 -0600, Joe Germuska wrote:

> Is now a good time to coin a "StrutsContext" class that
> encapsulates the various arguments to "execute"?  I've always kind
> of wanted this for Action too.  I've frequently thought it would be
> a nice thing. This seems to get a little blurry when looking
> forward to a more chain-oriented Struts, where there's already a
> Context object floating through, but it seems worth discussing if
> we're making a new interface.

 I'd say that this is a good time to introduce a StrutsContext -AND- make Struts Chain
the default request processor.

My guess is that these components would affect how a PageController is realized, so
let's go ahead and do that now. I believe it's been "hovering over the airport" longer
than PageController anyway. :)

As for the PageController, based on the need I've seen for it in my own applications,
I'm starting to think of it as a "Page Initialization" block: A place where we can
fold, spindle, or mutilate the data we need to use with the controls on a page.