This looks pretty good, Ted. Just a couple of things:

* If we're going to introduce the idea of Struts sub-projects right up
front, then I would prefer to consider these as purely organisational, at
least initially. That is, I'm open to breaking up the code base / docs /
etc. into multiple sub-projects, but I would prefer that all people
related matters span the Struts project. Specifically, I wouldn't want to
allow for "sub-project X committers" as distinct from Struts committers.
(Basically, I want to be quite clear that this is not an umbrella project
in any shape or form. ;)

* In the Roles page, I'd prefer that the CLA submission be called out in
the text, and not just left to the sample letter, as it is now. There has
been confusion on this in Jakarta, so let's make it as clear as possible
for Struts. ;-)

* Should the release process (i.e. the Tomcat-like process we recently
adopted) be part of the bylaws, or is that not necessary? That came to
mind as I was reading the "Release Testing" section, since they're
somewhat related.

By the way, Stefan Bodewig put together a very nice wiki page to serve as
a resource as the Gump team puts their own bylaws together:

http://wiki.apache.org/gump/Drafts/ProjectBylaws

It might be worth perusing for additional ideas. (I'm planning on doing
some perusing of it myself when I have some time.)

--
Martin Cooper