As I asked the original question on the new behaviour for the password field,
let me say this: I did not see the problem when I asked my question, but now I
am perfectly aware (and I admit, it is quite obvious) of the security risk you
are imposing when you send the current value of the password along in the html
source. Therefore I would say that for the sake of security there shouldn't be a
boolean value, so people are not tempted to implement a risky solution.

--- Matthias

Matthias Bauer +++ [EMAIL PROTECTED] +++ LivingLogic AG +++ www.livinglogic.de