We are building a large scale WebLogic 6.0 application using Struts and I
have an implementation question.

We have a need to address multiple browser windows on the same client
separately.  Our application data is based on the user being part of a
'location' and we want to support an administrator that would have the
ability to administer multiple locations simultaneously from 1 client using
multiple browser windows.  Since multiple browsers share the same session
ID, we can't save the location id in the session.

We don't know of a better way to track each browser's activity separately
without placing a URL parameter on the end of all the links on a given page
so that the link would tell us what location this request is directed at as
in this sample link:

http://sampledomain.com/login.do?location=0001

If this is the best solution, is there a way in Struts to specify a global
parameter that would automatically get transferred from the request to the
response and then get tagged onto every URL that is created using the struts
HTTP tags?

We did implement code that modifies the classes in struts to allow what we
call an AutoForwardParm in the web.xml file.  We then modified the taglib
for each tag that generates a URL link and we append the value of this
AutoForwardParm.

Our team is new to web development and we may be missing something obvious
in HTTP or the Servlet spec.  Please advise kindly.

Any input is appreciated.

Dave Lavin

application/ms-tnef