I find that application reloading with Tomcat 4 b1 simply doesn't work for me,
although others on
this list seem to have no problem. (I do notice that Tomcat 4 isn't in the
installation special
instructions list). I would appreciate any help.

I have tomcat configured as follows:
- I had to move crimson.jar and jaxp.jar  from the jasper directory into the lib
directory. This per
Keith Kee (http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg05043.html)
- My app directory isn't under that default tomcat4 webapps, so I have the following
in the
servlet.xml
  <Context path="/physicianaudit"
                         docBase="E:/apps/physicianaudit"
                         debug="0"
                         reloadable="true" >
  </Context>
- I have my source files in one place, and use Ant to compile the class files into the
WEB-INF/classes directory of my application.

If I recomple a file, Tomcat4 does not reload the application. It never seems to
notice that
anything has changed.

I have also tried reloading explicitly, using a url like
http://localhost:8080/manager/reload?path=/physicianaudit
But after invoking this url and going back to the application, I get a servlet
exception
    java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources

I am at a loss to understand why reloading works for everyone else and not for me.
I've tried to
follow all instructions. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Will Jaynes