Nevermind.  I found them in places like
org/apache/struts/util/LocalStrings.properties.  I'm running Tomcat/Struts
from within VisualAge and I hadn't properly imported the Struts resources
and I was missing these properties files.

At 11:33 AM 4/11/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>I'm working with Struts and I'm trying to build an error page for my JSP
>application.   In looking at the Struts tag code I see statements which
>look like this:
>
>throw new JspException(messages.getMessage("getter.bean", beanName)));
>
>which looks like it should be populating the exception with some useful
>information.  However, when I execute this code in a debugger, the message
>assigned to the Exception is null because there is no message with the
>name "getter.bean".  Where would I find definitions for messages such as
>"getter.bean", "optionsTag.iterator", etc?

James W. Howe                   mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Allen Creek Software, Inc.              pgpkey: http://ic.net/~jwh/pgpkey.html
Ann Arbor, MI 48103