Ted,
        I tried this with no success. I put two html:image tags into my
login.jsp

"login" value="lanikai" /><td></tr>
value="larry" /><td></tr>

In the perform method of LoginAction.java I traverse the Enumeration
returned by request.getParameters() looking for a parameter named login.
It's not there. :-(

Here's the code:

       java.util.Enumeration enum = request.getParameterNames();
        while( enum.hasMoreElements() ){
            String str = (String) enum.nextElement();
            System.out.println( str + " => " + request.getParameter( str
) );

        }
and the output:

course => pebblebeach
login.y => 147
login.x => 129

I have a html:select named course set to pebblebeach. I DO get the
mouseclick x and y values. So, I'm seeing something from my login
control.

I don't see what I'm doing wrong.

thanks

john ware