I'm really happy with this, me myself was on this move. My motivation
was simple. In my application I have to manufacture form-based files,
so needed a general purpose template engine. So, I started to stare
tea and velocity as template engines capable rendering not only web
pages but fill-in file templates, too. Somehow it seemed to be
too much to keep booth JSP-s and the other template engine, so started
to find ways to replace JSP. I think, many goodies remain duplicate
even this way, everybody has it's own introspection e.g. The "commons"
project seems to arrive just in time (or a bit late) to me.      incze