Fra: Peter Smith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sendt: 16 May 2001 22:55
Til: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Emne: Trouble setting properties of an ActionForm bean

I'm hoping this issue is me just not understanding the
JavaBeans spec!

When I make the getter method of my ActionForm
property
a non-String type, the 'set' method for that property
is not called when a request is made.  I traced this
BeanUtils.java which gets a 'null' returned by
'propertyDescriptorInstance'.getWriteMethod() for the
offending method.

The code for my ActionForm with the offending property
is shown below.  I changed the return type of
getShowInstructions() to boolean instead of String.

Thanks for any advice.

--Peter--

  private String showInstructions_;

  public void setShowInstructions(