On Tue, 15 May 2001, Mikkel Bruun wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> Is it possible to make some sort of virtual path, enabling one to hide the
> actual .jsp pages???
>
> Example,
>
> i want to avoid a link like /logon/logonform.jsp
> replacing it with perhaps /logon (which in turn will point to
> /logon/logonform.jsp)
>
> I tried looking at the globalforwards, but i find the documentation quite
> lacking (there's an error in the code, btw)...but is this how its done???
>
> Another solution would be to make "empty" action classes that just returns
> the succes mapping, but that would be going over the top imho...
>

> Can anybody give an answer???
>
> thanks
> Mikkel Bruun

One thing to keep in mind is that, in a typical Struts application, the
names of the JSP pages are obscured anyway -- because the form submits go
to the controller servlet.  For example, walk your way through the Struts
example application, and note how many of the locations actually shown
have "*.do" extensions on them ...

As a more radical way to hide things (but more for the purpose of
discouraging users from setting bookmarks in the middle of an
application), I've also resorted on occasion to more radical approaches:

* Open the application in a window that doesn't have a location bar

* Create a frameset with only one frame in it (so the location bar
  never changes at all).

Craig McClanahan