On Tue, 22 May 2001, Spencer Smith wrote:

> This email list server is kind of weak in terms of threads and discussion.
>
> Should be moved over to a Forums.  I built a really good robust one.   If I
> get some requests, I can implement it and host it for free.
>
> Anyone interested in moving this over to a Forums?

Email list servers don't have anything to do with threads -- intelligent
mail readers do.  It's trivially simple to set up a mail client like
Netscape Communicator or Outlook Express to filter incoming messages for
each mail list into a separate folder, and then set the sorting sequence
to threaded.

In addition, switching to forums (as in NNTP) would disenfranchise a large
number of subscribers who are behind firewalls that prevent newsgroup
access.

Craig

  • Forums??? Spencer Smith
    • Craig R. McClanahan