Both JSPs and Actions are called by a HTTP request. It can be helpful to
think of Actions as "invisible pages" that respond to a request with a
"visible page".

Any place where you request (or "load") a page, you can request an
Action instead. So however you "load another file in the second frame",
you should be able to request an Action instead. Your tag might also
include the database ID as part of the request (/Action.do?ID=XXX), so
you don't have to bother with the session.

-- Tel 716 737-3463.
-- http://www.husted.com/about/struts/