Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2001 12:27 PM
Subject: RE: Help: Problems deploying to domain name.

Hi Rob,

    Can you explain a bit about your set up.  Do you have a web server that is transparently forwarding requests to a servlet engine (which one).  Are you in a shared setup or do you have dedicated servers for your app only.  What is the pattern or extension that causes the plug-in to proxy request to the servlet engine.

    What is the error message you are getting?

    How have you configured the web app to be called.  My guess is through "mycontext".

    I know WebLogic has a DefaultWebApp_myserver that you could use for this purpose that would not append the "mycontext" to URLs.

    This is what I think is happening.  Whoever has configured the www.mydomain.com webserver has configured it to call your servlet engine through a url like http://servletEngine/mycontext which causes the /mycontext to get pre-pended to the form's action attribute.   This sounds like a configuration issues that I might be able to help you with when I find out more info.

By the way, I have to leave in 30 minutes to run some errands.

--Abraham