It doesn't have to be.  Package names have very little association with
the directory that a java file is in.  With ant, all you should have to
do is point it to a source directory (C:\development), and it'll try to
compile all java files in that directory.  However, you probably want to
declare a package structure for organization and access control
purposes.

If you are going to define a package, it is recommend that you build a
complimentary package structure that is *relative* to your source
directory.  So if your class's package is 'com.mycompany', your java
file should be in 'C:\development\com\mycompany'.  The reason you would
want to do this is because javac will look for this kind of directory
structure to compile the source files that are required by the source
file you are currently compiling.  I believe you can have all java files
under one directory despite their package declaration and javac will
resolve the dependencies, but your project organization will suffer.

So just remember, package declaration is *relative* to the source
directory.

Calvin