Thanks for your response.  I think we'll just have
to do some sort of security validation in the
Action.

Dave

On Mon, 23 Jul 2001 15:22:52 -0400
"Zeltser, Mark" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Dave,
>
> I had the similar problem (see my posting
today). I had 2 mappings in
> web.xml and 2 servlets which extended
ActionServlet.  Somehow, after I
> access second servlet my "*.do" mapping was
changed with url-path of second
> servlet.
>
> Don't extend ActionServlet more than once - it
will screw up your mapping.

> Mark.

ActionServlets

> > This might be more appropriate for the Tomcat
user
> > list, but I'll try anyway.  I'm using Tomcat
3.2.2
> > and trying to map multiple ActionServlets in
> > web.xml.  I have a <servlet-mapping> for
"*.do"
> > which I execute for the form action
"search.do",
> > and everything works fine when this is the
only
> > <servlet-mapping> in web.xml.  But as soon as
> > add another <servlet-mapping> for "*.authDo",
when
> > I try to execute "search.do", "search.authDo"
is
> > called (it even appears in the URL), which I
don't
> > understand since I don't call "search.authDo"
from
> > anywhere in my page (or anywhere on the site).
 If
> > I the change to added mapping to any name,
like
> > "*.anything", "search.anything" is called .
> >
> > The pertinent code is below.  Many advanced
> > thanks.
> >
> > Dave
> >
> > From the jsp:
> >             <form:form
> >               action="search.do"
> >               name="caretoolSearchForm"
> >
> > type="com.getcare.servlet.CaretoolSearchForm">
> >
> > From web.xml:
> >
> >     <servlet>
> >         <servlet-name>Action</servlet-name>

> >     <init-param>

<param-name>application</param-name>

<param-value>com.getcare.servlet.ErrorMessages</param-value>
> >     </init-param>
> >     <init-param>
> >             <param-name>config</param-name>

> >         </init-param>
> >         <init-param>
> >         <param-name>validate</param-name>
> >             <param-value>true</param-value>
> >         </init-param>
> >     <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
> >     </servlet>
> >
> >     <servlet>

<servlet-name>authAction</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>com.getcare.servlet.CaretoolActionServlet</servlet-class>
> >     <init-param>

<param-name>application</param-name>

<param-value>com.getcare.servlet.ErrorMessages</param-value>
> >     </init-param>
> >     <init-param>
> >             <param-name>config</param-name>

<param-value>/WEB-INF/struts-auth-config.xml</param-value>
> >         </init-param>
> >         <init-param>
> >         <param-name>validate</param-name>
> >             <param-value>true</param-value>
> >         </init-param>
> >     <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
> >     </servlet>
> >
> >     <servlet-mapping>
> >         <servlet-name>Action</servlet-name>
> >         <url-pattern>*.do</url-pattern>
> >     </servlet-mapping>
> >
> >     <servlet-mapping>

<servlet-name>authAction</servlet-name>
> >         <url-pattern>*.authDo</url-pattern>
> >     </servlet-mapping>

> > ----
> > This message is intended only for the personal
and confidential use of the
> > designated recipient(s) named above.  If you
are not the intended
> > recipient of this message you are hereby
notified that any review,
> > dissemination, distribution or copying of this
message is strictly
> > prohibited.  This communication is for
information purposes only and
> > should not be regarded as an offer to sell or
as a solicitation of an
> > offer to buy any financial product, an
official confirmation of any
> > transaction, or as an official statement of
Lehman Brothers.  Email
> > transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure
or error-free.  Therefore,
> > we do not represent that this information is
complete or accurate and it
> > should not be relied upon as such.  All
information is subject to change