Struts-users!
   Sorry if this is not the best forum for this; I am asking this here
becuase I think Struts factors into my question.

   I am creating a web site that allows for the future addition of new
webapps to extend the original site.  I would like to allow users to make
their add on as a full webapp, and I'll store the link to the new webapp in
my database.

   One of the requirements I have is that I need to pass my session onto the
new webapp. But, oops, you can't do that.  Tomcat (and the Servlet API)
doesn't let you pass a session to a new webapp - as far as I can tell.  I
could pass the important tidbits as strings along in the URL and recreate a
session once I get to the new webapp, but that has its own set of
problems...it's insecure (no matter how i encode the URL), and it completely
messes up the first webapp, becuase when I return to that webapp the session
will probably have timed out.

   Does anyone know of a way that I can maintain a list of trusted webapps
which I can pass session between?  How about if there is a way to deploy an
entire webapp within the context of another?  I don't want future developers
to need to mess with my code to get their apps into my context.

   And here is the STRUTS part of my question.  If I allow future developers
to simply put all of their JSPs/images/templates/etc. into a subdirectory in
my webapp, is there a way to allow them to either add their own
struts-config.xml file or make struts reread the struts-config.xml file
while Tomcat is still running?  I also have a requirement of leaving the
server running while i deploy so that i don't lose sessions.

   Any thoughts would be welcome and appreciated.  I have looked through
archives for Tomcat and Struts and can't seem to find an answer.

  Thanks in advance!
   Becky