Kent,

Yes, we use EJB's - no special libraries for that specific functionality,
although there are issues with deployment and servlet spec compatibility.
Not to repeat what Terence said but I'm going to cut and paste an earlier
response from yesterday. :)

Details on the shortcoming of WAS' JASPER can be found:
http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg10964.html and
somewhere else in the archive with some explanation from Craig and others,
but I don't recall where. :)

----
As for WebSphere, I can vouch for it with both 3.5.3 and 4.0.  There are a
few things to be aware of prior to moving forward.  First and foremost -
both WAS 3.5.x and 4.0 are using versions of Jasper that are slightly behind
the latest spec; unfortunately, Struts makes use of the parts of the spec
wherein WAS is lacking.  A very simple change has been made to the Form
taglib that will allow Struts 1.0 to work in a WAS environment.  It can be
downloaded at: http://www.enfused.com/struts.jar

Second, in 3.5.3 deployment requires some extra steps and some tweaking. A
list of the special steps can be found:
http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/installation-was352-x.html

As for 4.0, deployment is pretty straight forward.  The Application Assembly
tool is the nicest and most usable J2EE deployment tool I've seen to date
and will get the job done just fine.  The fact that 4.0 is J2EE compliant
helps a lot too - finally we can use EAR's and WAR's properly. :)

Hope that helps,

Chris

Christopher Assenza
Phone:  412.201.6026
Fax:     412.201.6060
Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ACCESSDATA
Moving Your Business from Point A to Point e.SM
http://www.accessdc.com/