Shelly,

I'm not sure I fully understand the question, but I'll give it a shot.

Struts does not generate anything.  You write the JSP's that Struts
uses.  When your JSP pages are invoked the first time, the web container
(i.e. Tomcat, etc.) compiles the JSP's and renders them.  That's why it
is slow the first time.

Hope that helps.