Just appending to the forum to announce a new Struts-based application that
we've just launched into production for a Customer last week -
http://www.redgalleon.com

It's a Melbourne (Australia) based ASP service that matches member's defined
preference/permission profiles for restaurants, sporting events,
theatre/cinema, etc. to offers that are entered by vendors - these
preferences can be very detailed down to cuisine (for restaurants), location
(general selection or distance-from-point) and days / times.  Once matched,
the site will pro-actively email or SMS a notification to the member.
Vendors are notified of bookings via logging on to the site, email, Fax (via
an email-to-fax gateway) or SMS.

This has been a work in progress over around 6 months and is using the 1.0b2
struts release.  It's not a 'pure' MVC architecture - a lot of the promo
pages are done as straight JSPs with some HTML, but from logon downwards it
uses struts/MVC all the way.  The site is in production on a Slackware Linux
web server connected via JDBC to a Sun E450 Box running Oracle.

The site has just been launched in the last week and we are getting around
15,000 hits a day, however we expect much more once we start promoting it to
the Mass Media.

Further Struts commerical development is on the way - I've also designed and
am constructing an eRecruitment application (http://www.i4-talent.com) with
a different company that uses a similar architecture to the above site and
will be launched within the next few months.  This ASP service will allow
Recruitment Managers to template job ads, place these ads to their own web
site and several other job boards and then track all applications through to
the offer process - it's got a lot of smarts built in to code experience,
skills, etc. so that a %age fit to a job can be calculated.  It also allows
each company using it to define their own hiring workflow, making it as
complex or as simple as they require...

Will notify the forum again when this one goes live..

Regards,
Don Elliott
Melbourne, Australia - the world's leading software development city :)

CRM Software Pty Ltd   -> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
i4 Pty Ltd -> [EMAIL PROTECTED]