Thanks, Ted, for the reply.
Actually, I am not forwarding from Action to Action.
The mapping of the forward "dummy" resolves to a JSP
named dummy.jsp and not an action (*.do).

>From an action, on submit, I would like to tansfer
control to a JSP to accept more inputs. Along with
this control transfer, I would like to pass a
parameter to indicate some logic.

I finally did this using a request.getParameter(
"formName" ) in the JSP as a scriplet, and declaring a
hidden property in the JSP :
%>" />

Now I can access this property from the action class
of the form dummyForm. Please suggest, if there is a
better method of doing this (without the scriplet).

Regarding the link that u have mentioned, I had
already gone thru it. I do not understand one point.
If I have a form formA, having a property "formName",
then when I forward to another form, formB, how will
the property be retained as part of formB ?

Regards.

- Debasish

http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg14280.html