It stands for "RUN-TIME EXPRESSION VALUE"
It is describe the type of attribute for custom action tag whether
it is evaluated at run-time or not.

BTW: In the JSP 1.1 Spec note you can do this:

<mysimpleTag value="<%=scripletVariable%>"/>

But this is illegal

<mysimpleTag value="<anotherTag property="enterprise" />" />

--
Peter Pilgrim          |  |        ++44 (0)207-545-9923