method #1

ActionA extends Action
{
    ActionForward perform(...)
    {
     ActionServlet servlet = getServlet();
     RequestDispatcher rd =
servlet.getConfig().getContext().getRequestDispatcher("actionB.do?command=XY" );
     rd.forward( request, response );
      return null;
    }
}

method #2

ActionA extends Action
{
    ActionForward perform(...)
    {
     response.sendRedirect( response.getEncodedURL(
          request.getContextPath()+"/actionB.do?command=XY") );
      return null;
    }
}

--
Peter Pilgrim                 ++44 (0)207-545-9923
                                                      //_\\