When I try to run the struts-example in Tomcat 4.0
(jre 1.3.1, NT 4, SP6) I get the infamous
Missing message for key index.title

I notice tho, that the logs have an earlier exception
trying to load /WEB-INF/struts-config.xml:

2001-11-30 12:45:39 action: Initializing configuration from resource path
/WEB-INF/struts-config.xml
2001-11-30 12:45:39 StandardWrapper[/struts-example:action]: Marking servlet
action as unavailable
2001-11-30 12:45:39 StandardContext[/struts-example]: Servlet
/struts-example threw load() exception
javax.servlet.UnavailableException: Missing configuration resource for path
/WEB-INF/struts-config.xml
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initMapping(ActionServlet.java:1316)
        at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.init(ActionServlet.java:465)

The error is coming in ActionServlet.initMapping on the lines:
        InputStream input = getServletContext().getResourceAsStream(config);
        if (input == null)
            throw new UnavailableException
                (internal.getMessage("configMissing", config));

For some reason the getResourceAsStream() call is failing.  The xml file
IS there and I tried a lot of (valid) variations on the location and name
and
they all fail.  There seems to be something wrong with
getResourceAsStream().
Is this because it is in the init of the servlet?

Frank Lawlor
Athens Group, Inc.
(512) 345-0600 x151
Athens Group, an employee-owned consulting firm integrating technology
strategy and software solutions.