1. JSP

Since the introduction of JSP, back in 1999, it has made Java Servlet programming
far easier. The introduction of custom tag actions in JSP 1.1 made live a lot easier.
Jakarta Struts is an example of a solid action library among other.
I think the future of JSP lies within custom action tags.
However just because you write a custom tag does not mean you should
use it. I suspect architects to recoil from using EJB tags directly inside a JSP.

2. JSP

I have used JSP with Jakarta Struts / Xerces / Xalan / JDOM / Expresso

3. JSPTL

I have not discovered the JSPTL yet. I can see where they are going with
this expression language. For example I have seen few tags that can read
database result set in the books, and one which I have written.

4. JSF

Heard of, I dont know much about it(yet)

5. In the core JSP

there are few niggles could be ironed out. But the basics are pretty much worked out.
So I dont expect a lot changes to JSP standard action. Although you could add
standard index property <jsp:getIndexProperty  index="0" ... />. I expect changes
to be in behaviour of custom tags though.

--
Peter Pilgrim                 ++44 (0)207-545-9923
                                                      //_\\

From: Jayson Falkner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>@JAVA.SUN.COM> on 04/12/2001 17:35 EST

Please respond to A mailing list about Java Server Pages specification and reference
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

DELEGATED - Sent by:     A mailing list about Java Server Pages specification and
[EMAIL PROTECTED]>