---------------------------------------- Message History

From: Vic Cekvenich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 28/12/2001 07:48 PST

Please respond to "Struts Users Mailing List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

cc:
Subject:  Re: Struts & EJB support

When I did EJB's, my understanding was that Sun would recommend them for
distributed application. Other's found them very slow.
This is said on EBB home page " the EJBTM server-side component model
simplifies development of middleware components that are transactional,
scalable, and portable."
So if you do not need midldleware, ie, distributed, consider not using
EJBs. Middleware makes sense on only about 5% of applications, so
perhaps people attempt EJBs to much. If you do need distributed, perhaps
SOAP is better. EJB API to me is like SWING api, it has it's uses,

Just a JavaBean or a rowset or a combo for model does just fine.

--

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender