> Would it be possible to have just 1 form with a "type" property and then
> from the JSP's a hidden field that sets the type?  Based on this "type"
> you can control the proper validation.  Having different classes with
> the same form name could get messy.

Do you mean only one class (Form.java) with different validate() methods?
ie., smth like:

public ActionErrors validate(ActionMapping mapping,
                              HttpServletRequest request) {

      if(type.equals("view1"))
                  return validateView1();

      if(type.equals("view2"))
                  return validateView2();

      //...

      return errors;
}

private ActionErrors validateView1() {
}

I began with smth like this, but I was wondering if there was a better
way, a more generic one which I could config with the struts file ...