I tried switching from JBuilder to NetBeans but found
NetBeans too slow - on a 400Mhz XEON with 512MB RAM.
I've switched back to JBuilder Personal. The JB 6.0
release now installs easily on Redhat 7.2 (unlike the
5.0 release, which I never got working). NetBeans has
more functionality than the free version of JB
(Personal - used to be Foundation), but the speed
difference is too much for me to ignore. I'm planning
to try NB again with their 3.4 version.

=== message truncated ===