From: Maciej Kolodziej [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 15 January 2002 15:53
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Problem with mapped properties

Hi,

I'm  building  an  application,  which  uses  database as a source for
configuration  data.  For example I have a page which enables users to
customize  their  personal  UI schema, like which columns they want to
see in search result.

Now  that  means,  that  I  have to build dynamic html forms and use mapped
properties   to   populate  action  forms. Also property attributes in
form  tags (like <html:text property="...") need to be set dynamically
with values taken from db. I tried to do it like that:

<%
  String  key  =  "this  is  taken  from  database"
%>

but  that  doesn't  work.  I guess I don't have to mention, that using
another  jsp  tag  instead  of  <%=key%>  doesn't work either. It just
appears  in  html  output  as  ordinary  text  - it's not parsed while
converting  .jsp to .java. I noticed, that these are the brackets that
cause this malfunction. If I write:

everything works fine.

--
Best regards,
Maciej

For additional commands, e-mail:
The information in this email is confidential and is intended solely
for the addressee(s).
Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not
an intended recipient, please notify the sender of this email
immediately. You should not copy, use or disseminate the
information contained in the email.
the views of Capco.

http://www.capco.com