Struts is model neutral. There are plenty tools out there for database
access, Castor, J2EE, Torque, JRelational, Expresso. There's no reason
for Struts to reinvent that wheel.

If you need a persistance layer ('cuz you don't got none), I'd suggest
starting with Expresso.

http://jcorporate.com

and

http://webAppWriter.com/

Struts provides a front controller, and a nifty JSP taglib to help you
access the controller's "model". It also provides a handy Action class,
where you can bridge the gap between the presentation and model layers.

But it does not provide a persistence layor or O/R modeling. See

http://husted.com/struts/links.htm#data_access

for more packages that do.

For searching and indexing, Lucene is highly recommended.

http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene/docs/index.html

A new player in the game is Simper. Just getting started, but looks good
for Struts applications too.

http://netmeme.org/simper/

-Ted.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> i have looked and i haven't really seen what struts can do with database...is it
>able to do mapping? can you tell me briefly what it can do...
>
> thanks a lot!!
> gaetan

-- Building Java web applications with Struts.
-- Tel +1 585 737-3463.
-- Web http://www.husted.com/struts/